Thursday, September 17, 2015

Nasty Gal's Uber Cool Scratch Off Promotion!

This blog post is either going to be short and sweet today or else I'm going to type you a Bible...I just had a triple espresso and so my brain's going like a thousand miles an hour and my fingers are typing even faster!

I want to talk about Nasty Gal. 

Sophia Amoruso's book #GirlBoss is AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!  I ran across it by accident while I was getting my hair cut a few months ago.  She was written up in one of those fashion magazines these salons have laying all over the place.  My cell phone was almost dead, so I picked up the magazine and read her interview.  I have to say, from the first paragraph, I was hooked.  I bought her book on Amazon while my head was in the bowl getting washed!

For anyone who's looking for a great business book, inspirational read, or to pick up some savvy business tips, this is it.  Check out #GirlBoss on Amazon.  Sophia's the real deal.  She tells her story about how she started Nasty Gal (an online trendy women's retailer) on Ebay and built it into what Inc. Magazine called one of "the fastest growing companies."  I love this woman!  She's funny, raw, and she gets the job done with style and integrity.  She's cutting edge for sure and likes to push the boundaries.  My whole book is pretty much dog ear-ed because there's literally something she says on each page that you want to remember.  Yes, I'm a total Nasty Gal groupie :) 

We were SO excited when Nasty Gal called us wanting to do a scratch off promotion!  I almost felt bad because the girl who called us for a quote had to listen to me swoon about Sophia for about 10 minutes and ask her fashion advice before I even gave her a price.  I couldn't believe I was on the phone with someone who's office was right down the hall from Sophia.  I mean, this was cooool.

We ended up getting the project.  To be able to work with Sophia and her team was an honor!  They were launching their 2nd brick and mortar store and wanted to do something fun, festive, and interesting for their customers when they opened.  They wanted a scratch off.  They also wanted the promotion to match the artwork they were using on their signage and bags - and to look young, hip and trendy.  This is what they went with:



Kind of grabs your attention, doesn't it??  Pushes the boundaries a little.  Definitely sexy.  Totally youthful.  That was the whole point...that's Nasty Gal's image!

The scratch off promotion was a hit and their store opening was a huge success.

I have to say, not only is the company great, but their employees are too.  We all had so much fun working with the Nasty Gal team :)

For any custom scratch off promotions, please contact us.  They are absolutely fantastic for retail promotions and store openings.  We'd love to hear from you!  Just ask for Chrys...there's a pretty good chance I'll be at my desk sipping a Starbucks when you call :)  1.440.333.4302

No comments:

Post a Comment